Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hello World!

Hello everyone! My name is Tracy and this is my first blog post to this blog. I have done other blogs, some for my clients, tons in a business organization that I ran, and a couple personal ones. This might be my most favorite one yet! Talking about health, good eating, and fitness! I have submerged myself in these subjects, but most recently, in the different diets that are out there. I was so confused with the “no animal meat”, “no fruit”, “all starch”, “Adkins”, etc!! I was left scratching my head thinking, “which one is best for ME???”. 

I have listened to books on “tape” (Diet Trap, by Judith S. Beck PhD, Belly Fat by Stephen Boutcher, and probably others. I don’t seem to have a history record at my local library for some reason). On Youtube, I have subscribed to the Banana Lady (who eats all day because you just can't get enough carbs to keep you full for very long.), Keto coaches and doctors, and high fat/low carb gurus. And I have read tons of books: Whole30 by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig, Belly Fat Diet by Prevention, South Beach Diet, The Zone, The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise, and others. 

In my desperate attempt to get rid of my belly fat that only seems to increase as the years move on, I tried a bunch of these diets at the beginning of 2016. My poor husband - he was so confused as to what to get at the grocery store, or he would receive wild glares from me when he brought home something that wasn’t on my plan.  

I learned that there is no way I could be a vegan. I need my animal protein! I love eggs, milk products, yogurt, CHEESE, STEAK! I am NOT going to buy a crate full of bananas and have a 10 banana smoothing in the morning. I am just NOT! Eating all those fruit and veggies, in the beginning - I know, makes me run to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and let’s just say the bottom orifice does NOT like those frequent trips!

I HATE counting calories - that technique seems to make me HUNGRY even when I am eating ALL DAY, every two hours because I am STARVING, yet still eat a full lunch and dinner! I found myself sitting at my desk at work, or during family time, planning and logging every last morsel of food that went into my mouth! I’m sure my boss thought I was playing video games or something! I WAS SO DONE WITH THAT!! At night after dinner, I still wanted MORE FOOD. I would poke around the cupboards wanting a treat, and when I ate the treat I WANTED MORE! 

Then there was Keto. I follow a guru on YouTube who is super strict, and she looks great! She is very close to my age and she looks amazing. I just watch her for inspiration. There is no way (at least for now) that I can cut out all the things I love (like cheese, fruit, coffee, and carb-dense veggies). I was able to finally get rid of grains and legumes because they always leave me super bloated. Eliminating these two foods were inspired by her and the Whole30 book. 

I settled on the High Fat/Low Carb (“HFLC”) approach to life. When I first began this approach to eating I experienced something pretty amazing. I was no longer bloated at night! I no longer felt and looked 6 months pregnant before going to bed. I actually weighed MORE in the morning and LESS at night! I had never experienced that before! I’m sure I will fill this blog up with plenty more reasons why I like HFLC way of eating. I am going to cut this off here. 

I’m still learning and I am glad you are following me through my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment