When I tell people that I have switched to eating High Fat, they immediately think that I am saying “High Protein”. I tell them, “No, High Fat”. Then they hear that phrase “high fat”. They basically respond: “OMG! You will DIE? Didn’t you just read of the healthy local somebody that just dropped dead? You better be careful!”. I understand that people are terrified of eating “high fat”, but they really should be terrified of SUGAR! I have watched researchers on YouTube, and reputable doctors debunk the “fat makes your arteries clog” theory. You can always go to my YouTube channel and see these doctors that I subscribe to.
I started a 5 day clean eating group on Facebook and invited my friends. They have been delightful, and most of them are on the High Fat/Low Carb philosophy as I am, which is really nice. To address one of the members who had issues with high fat, another member dug up this cool article that lays out 23 studies on the effects of a High Fat/Low Carb diet versus the Low Fat / Low Calorie diet that has been shoved down our throats for 30 years.
The conclusion in most cases, if not all, indicate that a HFLC way of eating decreases hunger, decreases belly fat (especially in men!), improves cholesterol, triglycerides, and diabetes markers. One conclusion even went as far as stating:
This study is particularly interesting because it matched calories between groups and measured so-called “advanced” lipid markers. Several things are worth noting:
- Triglycerides went down by 107 mg/dL on Low Carb, but 36 mg/dL on the Low Fat diet.
- HDL cholesterol increased by 4 mg/dL on Low Carb, but went down by 1 mg/dL on Low Fat.
- Apolipoprotein B went down by 11 points on Low Carb, but only 2 points on Low Fat.
- LDL size increased on Low Carb, but stayed the same on Low Fat.
- On the Low Carb diet, the LDL particles partly shifted from small to large (good), while they partly shifted from large to small on Low Fat (bad).
I know you can go to the internet and dig up all the information you need to support your logic, but here is one article listing 23 studies that you can check out.
23 Studies on Low-Carb and Low-Fat Diets – Time to Retire The Fad
Thanks Monica for finding this!
No comments:
Post a Comment